Meet The Practice
Accreditation & Awards
About Mini Dental Implants
Gene R. Sorensen, DDS
Gene R. Sorensen, the oldest of seven children, grew up on the East side of Milwaukee. After graduating from Riverside High School he attended the University of Wisconsin - Milwaukee and attained a Bachelor of Science degree. As a member of the Naval Reserve he attended Marquette University School of Dentistry, and upon graduation he became a Lieutenant in the Naval Dental Corps. He served in the San Francisco Bay area at Treasure Island, Alameda Naval Air Station, Hawthorne Naval Weapons Station, Oak Knoll Naval Hospital, and aboard the aircraft carrier, the USS Hancock, in the Pacific Ocean.
After the Navy he and his wife, Anita, chose to establish a dental practice here in Lodi, as this was where he spent his summers since he was a boy, where his grandfather owned a cottage on Lake Wisconsin. Anita acted as his first office manager until the births of their three children, Lesley, Andrew, and Lindsay. She still helps out in the office behind the scenes with much of the clerical work.
He is an avid outdoorsman who likes to camp, fish, hunt, golf, and explore the lake with his friends and family on his pontoon. For the last several years he especially enjoys the exhilaration of cruising the countryside on his Harley.
Over his professional career he has helped organize Post Graduate Dental Continuing Education meetings, seminars, and hands-on training throughout the state. He has received hundreds of hours of educational credits in all phases of dentistry, including intense training in Cosmetics, Orthodontics, and Surgical Implantology.
Professional Affiliations and Awards
- American Dental Association
- Wisconsin Dental Association
- Tri-County Dental Society
- American Orthodontic Society
- Chicago Dental Society
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists (awarded a Fellowship)
- Past President Wisconsin Dental Club
- Past President Capital City Dental Study Club
- President Elect 2010-2012 – Madison Dental Progress Forum
- Awarded 1st Place for Clinical Presentation at Wisconsin Dental Association State meeting
- On Orthodontic Staff for 5 years at St. Michael's Dental Clinic in Milwaukee
- Past President Lodi Optimist Club
- Member Lodi Chamber of Commerce